If you want to remove peach fuzz on your face, there are lots of ways to do it, some more intimidating than others. The good news is that you have choices to remove those soft baby hairs from your chin, cheek, jawline and upper lip and we’ve got the 411 on helping you choose the right way to deal with peach fuzz that's in your way.
What is Peach Fuzz?Peach fuzz is the name given to the soft, small hairs also known as vellus hair that can be anywhere on your body (except the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet). Most often, peach fuzz refers to those little baby hairs on your face, especially your upper lip, cheek, or chin. Some people have more peach fuzz than others, and some medical conditions like PCOS or Cushing’s Syndrome can cause more facial vellus hair to grow, or for it to darken. Peach fuzz may sound cute, but some people don't even like it on their fruit, let alone their cheeks or upper lip. Even when this downy vellus hair is barely visible, you'll notice the smooth difference once it's gone. Bronzer and makeup applications will look flawless.
Ways to Get Rid of Peach FuzzIts'a myth that peach fuzz “turns into” thicker hair or that removing it will make it grow back thicker. If you want to turn your fuzzy peach into a smooth nectarine, here are some ways to remove the vellus hair on your face..
1. Depilatory Hair Removal Cream Designed for the FaceThere are hair removal creams for your body, legs, bikini area & genitals, and specialized ones for your face. These depilatories weaken the hair follicle so it breaks off beneath the skin and can remove unwanted peach fuzz in 5-10 minutes. You can choose a formula such as Nair™ Prep and Smooth Face Hair Remover to get rid of peach fuzz, smooth and exfoliate all-at-once.
2. Dry ShavingIt's possible to use a regular razor and shave away the unwanted peach fuzz on your face. Smaller electric razors may also work.
3. ThreadingThis process of using two twisted cotton threads to pluck out the unwanted hair is often used for eyebrow shaping but can also be used to remove peach fuzz on your lip, chin, or cheeks as well.
4. Waxing or SugaringWaxing and sugaring remove hair at the roots by applying a warm paste to your skin, then pressing a cloth to the paste and ripping out the hairs. You can also turn to all-in-one wax strips that have the wax already applied and don’t need heating for smaller areas of unwanted peach fuzz or eyebrow hair.
5. DermaplaningDermaplaning is a process done in skin care treatment centers to help lessen acne scars that can also be used for removing peach fuzz. A more recent trend is at-home dermaplane razors aka eyebrow razors that you use yourself. These stick razors are scraped along the contours of your face to exfoliate and get rid of the peach fuzz for a smooth, glowing skin surface.
6. Laser Hair Removal or ElectrolysisLaser hair removal, which heats up the hair follicles to discourage hair growth and electrolysis, which destroys hair follicles permanently, can be done by a professional over several sessions to remove unwanted facial hair. While all of these are peach fuzz remover options, you need to consider which may be best for you. It depends on things like how squeamish you are about taking a razor to your face, how steady your hands may be, how much hair you want to remove, your budget, whether you're looking for a temporary or a permanent solution, and how it fits into the rest of your beauty care routine and lifestyle.
10 Benefits of Facial Depilatory Creams for Removing Peach FuzzIf you're trying removing peach fuzz from your face to see just how smooth and soft it can be, may we recommend using a hair removal cream designed just for this purpose. Here are some reasons why Nair™ Prep and Smooth Face Hair Remover is the bee's knees when it comes to removing peach fuzz without shaving.
- Easy to use: Simply squeeze the tube and glide the applicator along skin in the places you want to remove facial hair or peach fuzz. The applicator is built-in, so there’s no mess and no touching the cream with your hands.
- No nicks or cuts: It doesn't matter if your hands are a bit shaky, you can't get cut when no blade is involved.
- Quick results: Feel the smoothness of your peach-fuzz free, exfoliated, moisturized face just 5-10 minutes after applying & wiping away the hair removal cream.
- Less scary: If you're intimidated by scraping a blade across your face, this applicator tube will feel much more familiar, like lip balms or other beauty products you're used to.
- Use it anywhere: No need to make an appointment or go to a spa or doctor's office to use an at-home, dermaplaning alternative, peach fuzz remover cream. The tube is small and fits easily in your purse, toiletry kit or travel bag to use whenever you need your face to be extra smooth.
- Cost: Facial hair removal creams are budget-friendly and cost much less than spa waxing sessions or dermaplaning.
- Sanitary: Don't use the razor you’ve used elsewhere on your body or introduce bacteria or dirt to your sensitive skin with a blade. With the built-in applicator, the hair removal cream dispenses directly onto your face and then just replace the cap to help keep out dirt and germs.
- Long-lasting: Since hair removal creams weaken hair and remove it just below the skin, it tends to be longer than shaving (which cuts off the hair at the surface) before stubble emerges, and you need to get smooth again.
- Moisturizing: Some facial hair removal creams such as Nair™ Prep & Smooth Face Cream also contain moisturizers like hyaluronic acid. Remove hair and moisturize your face all-at-once to save steps and time.
- Great for self-care: When it's time for your Sunday reset or your everything shower, Nair™ Prep & Smooth Face Cream fits right into your routine. Exfoliate and smooth your face with the easy applicator while you're applying your arm scrubs and hair masks or getting rid of other unwanted body hair.
How to Use Nair™ Prep & Smooth to Get Rid of Peach FuzzUsing Nair™ Prep & Smooth Face Cream couldn't be easier. Plus, it's dermatologist-tested and comes in a Watermelon-extract formula with hyaluronic acid and a coconut-extract formula made for sensitive skin. Follow these simple steps to go from fuzzy to fabulous in just five minutes.
- Step 1: Start with clean, bare facial skin. Wash your face or remove makeup before using.
- Step 2: Squeeze tube and glide applicator along upper lip, chin, and/or cheeks wherever you want hair or fuzz to be removed. Keep away from your eyes. Apply in a thick even layer. Do not rub in.
- Step 3: Wash your hands after applying and wait five minutes.
- Step 4: Check small area after 5 minutes. Thicker hair may require more time. If hair removal is not complete, leave on for a few more minutes, not exceeding 10 minutes total.
- Step 5: Gently wipe off cream with a wet cloth. Do not rub. Rinse area with warm water and admire your smooth, glowing skin!
Benefits of Removing Peach Fuzz from Your FaceSo why all the fuss about removing fuzz, anyway? They're just tiny hairs that you can barely see, right? First of all, you do you, and if you want to remove your peach fuzz for an exceptionally smooth-feeling face, that's your call. Here are some other reasons to consider de-fuzzing and exfoliating your face:
- Remove dead skin cells for a rejuvenated appearance
- Helping your moisturizers, serums and skincare regimens go on smoothly
- Helping foundation, powders and cosmetics go on evenly
- Letting your makeup looks pop
- Skin feels smooth to the touch and appears brighter